Ask George Ask-George@StinsonL5.groups.ioAsk George Doig a question. George was born on December 16th, 1921. He worked for the Stinson Aircraft Company in Wayne, Michigan, from July, 1939 until January 1944 when he went off to serve in the U.S. Navy. In 1941 George was assigned to the L-5 development program and stayed with it until he joined the navy as an Ensign aboard an LSM. He briefly returned to Stinson in the latter half of 1946 before they were sold to Piper Aircraft Company.
Although George turns 98 on December 16, 2019 and has already provided us with over 11 hours of detailed recorded memoirs, he will be glad to answer any questions you might have about his time at Stinson. He would also be please to chat about the other passions in his life including fly fishing, golf (he knew some of the great pros of yesteryear), and flying (he has been licensed since 1947). He is also a fount of knowledge on Michigan history, particularly on the Detroit area, and stays abreast of current national and world events.
The photo above is of EAA Warbirds magazine editor Jim Busha interviewing George at the East Troy airport in Wisconsin on June 6th this year at a small gathering commemorating the D-Day anniversary.
- 7 Members
- 0 Topics
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of SOPA.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.